Aaniin Community Centre, Southeast Markham
Construction of a lap pool, leisure pool, and whirlpool for a new community centre in Markham. The focus of the facility is on community and recreation; providing residents with a range of amenities that will connect the community. Aaniin [ah-nee] means “welcome” in Ojibway.
LOCATION: Markham, Ontario
TYPE: 25-Metre Lap Pool, Leisure Pool, Whirlpool
CLIENT: City of Markham
YEAR COMPLETED: 2018
PROJECT DETAILS: Construction of a new 25 metre lap pool, warm water leisure pool, and whirlpool. All three pools are modular systems.
- Modular stainless steel walls with commercial vinyl floor.
– deck equipment
– pool recirculation and mechanical systems
– trench drains around pool
– underwater lenses
- Waterline tile on the lap pool and leisure pool walls
- Full tile finish in whirlpool
- Angled Twister spray feature
- Bucket Trio spray feature
- Climbing wall
- Lazy river