Exeter and District Swimming Pool
Renovation of an outdoor lap pool in Exeter. Originally bult in the 1960s, the pool was reaching the end of its useful life. The solution was a full conversion with additions to increase accessibility and address safety concerns. Local residents and those surrounding the community can now enjoy an extended season and more program options in comfort.
LOCATION: Exeter, Ontario
TYPE: 25-Metre Lap Pool
CLIENT: South Huron Municipality
YEAR COMPLETED: 2018
PROJECT DETAILS: Renovation of a 25 metre concrete outdoor pool to a heated modular stainless steel system.
- 25 metre pool with 6 lanes
- Installed modular panels
- New overflow gutter system on 3 sides of the lap pool
- Skimmer system at beach entry
- Raised headwall at deep end
– pool recirculation and mechanical systems
– deck equipment
- Anti-slip membrane in shallow areas and regular texture membrane in deep.
- Outside beach entry added to shallow end
- Soft step floor system in shallow area. Soft step floor system meets HIC, Head Injury Criteria standards.