Victor Davis Pool, Victoria Road Recreation Centre
Renovation of a competition pool in Guelph. Originally built in the 1970s, it was decided that a complete overhaul of the facility was needed. This updated design offers new amenities to the growing community and will be able to host major events.
LOCATION: Guelph Ontario
TYPE: 50-Metre Competition Pool, Teaching Pool
CLIENT: City of Guelph
YEAR COMPLETED: 2018
PROJECT DETAILS: Renovation of an existing 50 metre competition pool and construction of a new teaching pool. The original pool was removed and a modular system installed.
- Modular stainless steel pool system
- Installed padded floor system and PVC membrane
- Overflow gutter system for competition pool
- Reinforced concrete structure
- Skimmer system for teaching pool
- Installed full tile finish
– deck equipment
– pool recirculation and mechanical systems
– UV units for both pools
– concrete balance tanks under deck with access hatches
- Moveable bulkhead
- Teaching pool contains a multi-level step feature
- Poolpod accessibility lift.